The Argyll and the Islands LEADER programme is now closed
An evaluation of the LEADER Programme in Argyll and the Islands was carried out in 2021. The report is available here.
Argyll and the Islands LEADER 2014 – 2020
The overall aim of the Argyll and the Islands LEADER Local Development Strategy is to:
“Support community-led economic growth and sustainable rural development
within the Argyll and the Islands LAG area.”
We this aim in mind the following programme objectives were identified;
- halting and reversing the declining population;
- supporting and developing a stronger local economy;
- broadening the scope of economic activity at a local level;
- creating long-term sustainable employment particularly in those areas identified as having a fragile economic base; and
- building on our unique natural and cultural heritage.
We will seek to address these objectives with the following three themes:
- Strengthening the rural economy by maximising the sustainable use of our natural, cultural and heritage resources as an economic driver.
- Enhancing the services and facilities in the Argyll and the Islands area to attract individuals, families, visitors and investors to grow and maintain economically viable communities.
- Small Business Support including Farm Diversification