THIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
FULL DETAILS ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE SOON
Argyll and the Islands LEADER 2014 – 2020
The overall aim of the Argyll and the Islands LEADER Local Development Strategy is to:
“Support community-led economic growth and sustainable rural development
within the Argyll and the Islands LAG area.”
We this aim in mind the following programme objectives were identified;
- halting and reversing the declining population;
- supporting and developing a stronger local economy;
- broadening the scope of economic activity at a local level;
- creating long-term sustainable employment particularly in those areas identified as having a fragile economic base; and
- building on our unique natural and cultural heritage.
We will seek to address these objectives with the following three themes:
- Strengthening the rural economy by maximising the sustainable use of our natural, cultural and heritage resources as an economic driver.
- Enhancing the services and facilities in the Argyll and the Islands area to attract individuals, families, visitors and investors to grow and maintain economically viable communities.
- Small Business Support including Farm Diversification